The Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH), acting with the Arizona Home Foreclosure Prevention Funding Corporation (AHFPFC), is providing down payment assistance (DPA) to qualified homebuyers purchasing a primary residence in 17 targeted municipalities in Arizona. The assistance is an incentive to purchase in targeted housing markets that have been hardest-hit by foreclosures. It’s name: Pathway to Purchase.
Funding for the Pathway to Purchase (P2P) DPA second mortgage program is provide by the U.S. Dept. or Treasury through the “Troubled Asset Relief Program” (TARP) hardest hit fund. The P2P program has a $48-million dollar commitment for all of Arizona and is available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- The DPA provided is 10% of the purchase price up to $20,000
- The DPA is secured via a second mortgage which is fully forgiven after five-years of ownership and occupancy (0% interest rate and no required monthly payments)
- The 1st mortgage is a tradition 30-year fixed-rate Conventional loan – Call for current interest rate
- The DPA can be used towards down payment and/or closing costs, and DPA is only available in conjunction with a Pathway to Purchase Conventional first mortgage (funded by AHFPFC / ADOH at the mortgage loan closing).
HOMEBUYERS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Mortgage for the purchase of an Owner Occupied, Primary Residences only
- Borrower(s) Income not to exceed $92,984
- Purchase price limit not to exceed $371,936
- Available on a Fannie Mae HFA Preferred mortgages:
- Maximum Loan-To-Value of 95.0%
- Minimum credit score of 640
- Existing Single-Family, Townhomes or Condo’s — new construction is not allowed
- Maximum 45% debt-to-income ratio
All homebuyers are required to complete a pre-purchase education course through a HUD-approved education provider. Options include online, over-the-phone and in person.
PATHWAY TO PURCHASE ELIGIBLE CITIES:
The program is limited to the following 17 cities: Arizona City, Avondale, Buckeye, Casa Grande, Coolidge, Douglas, El Mirage, Fort Mohave, Goodyear, Huachuca City, Laveen, Maricopa, Red Rock, Sierra Vista, Snowflake, TUCSON*, and Yuma
*NOTE: Property must be located within the legal jurisdiction of Tucson or South Tucson. Simply having a Tucson Postal address is not sufficient. Please make sure to check out any property of interest on the following website: http://gis.pima.gov/maps/landbase/parsrch.htm
CALL ME Todd Abelson Sunstreet Mortgage, LLC for Guidelines, details, and current interest rate! (520) 331-LEND NMLS # 180858