Highlights of Tucson’s Residential Housing Market for December 2017:
*** Watch the video below ***
Each month the Tucson Association of Realtors® Multiple Listing Service comes out with Tucson’s monthly housing report. The numbers are out for the Tucson residential housing market report for December 2017.
In December 2017, the Tucson housing market showed signs of a slowdown as we head into the holiday season. Although inventory levels remain low and average days on market decreased.
Check out what home prices are doing in Tucson, AZ December 2017.
Highlights of the Tucson Residential Housing Market Report for December 2017 are below:
- Total Sales Volume of $276,914,274 is down slightly from November’s number of $279,460,100, resulting in a .91% decrease but is up 6.86% over December 2016.
- The Average Sales Price is up .69% from last month.
- Average List Price of $255,058 is an increase from last month’s number of $252,533, resulting in a 1% rise.
- Total Under Contract of 1,290 is a decrease of 15.74% since last month.
- Total Unit Sales of 1,116 decreased 1.59% from November’s 1,134.
- The Median Sales Price, $205,000, is down from $207,527 in November resulting in a 1.22% decrease but a 14.53% increase over December 2016.
- New Listings decreased to 1,272 from 1,494 in November but rose 11.97% over December 2016.
- Total Active Listings of 3,453 is a decrease of 4.38% from last month.
- Average Days on Market of 46 is an increase from November’s number of 44.
- Conventional loan sales of 44.5% exceeded Cash Sales of 25.9%.
These numbers can be positive or negative depending on which side of the fence you are on… Buyer or Seller?
Below are some important charts of data we compiled to give you a visual of how the Tucson housing market is trending for December 2017.
CLICK ON THE CHARTS BELOW TO SEE THEM BIGGER.
Total real estate sales in Tucson for the month of December 2017 were 1,116 units sold. Which was down 1.61% from the previous month as shown in the chart above.
This number is one to keep an eye on.
If this downward trend in inventory continues, look for the market to continue to strengthen and prices to move up which has created a seller’s market in Tucson, Arizona.
TUCSON HOME BUYERS
As home inventory levels begin to decrease there is less to chose from. So when you see a home that you like that is properly priced moving quickly is key to getting your offer accepted.
TUCSON HOME SELLERS
As the number of listings decreases sellers are poised to sell their home faster and for more money. Marketing and making your home look great are keys to selling your home FAST and for MORE MONEY.
As a seller, your home is one of three listings:
- The home that sells!
- The home that gets showings but sells the house down the road.
- The home that gets no showings and does not sell.
Which type of listing do you want to be?
Having a skilled real estate team is the key to saving thousands of dollars when buying or selling a home with the least amount of hassles. Put the Tyler Ford Real Estate Team to work for you. We would love to earn your business!
The difference between average and median?
FOR A COMPLETE BREAKDOWN: CLICK HERE