Highlights of Tucson’s Residential Housing Market for September 2017:
*** Watch the video below ***
Each month the Tucson Association of Realtors® Multiple Listing Service comes out with Tucson’s monthly housing report. The numbers are out for the Tucson residential housing market report for September 2017.
In September 2017, the Tucson housing market showed signs of strength as home prices continue to go up. Tucson remains a seller’s market due to low inventory levels.
Check out what home prices are doing in Tucson, AZ September 2017.
Highlights of the Tucson Residential Housing Market Report for September 2017 are below:
- Total Sales Volume of $300,150,958 is down from August’s number of $321,376,738, resulting in a 6.60% decrease, but a 9.01% increase over September 2016.
- The Average Sales Price of $247,649 is an increase of 3.72% from $238,764 last month.
- Average List Price of $252,916 is up 3.39% from August and up 15.17% since September 2016.
- Total Under Contract of 1,651 is an increase of 1.04% since last month.
- Total Unit Sales of 1,212 is a decrease of 9.96% since August’s number of 1,346.
- The Median Sales Price rose to $206,915 from $192,000 in August, a 7.77% increase and is up 16.90% from $177,000 in September 2016.
- New Listings are up 18.18% since August.
- Total Active Listings of 3,587 is an increase of 2.49% from 3,500 last month.
- Average Days on Market decreased to 42 this month from 45 last month.
- Conventional loan sales of 45.8% exceeded Cash Sales of 21.6%.
These numbers can be positive or negative depending on which side of the fence you are on… Buyer or Seller?
Below are some important charts of data we compiled to give you a visual of how the Tucson housing market is trending for September 2017.
CLICK ON THE CHARTS BELOW TO SEE THEM BIGGER.
Total real estate sales in Tucson for the month of September 2017 were 1,212 units sold. Which was a decrease of 9.96% from the previous month as shown in the chart above.
In September 2017, the median sales price of a home in Tucson, Arizona was $206,915. Which was an increase of 7.77% from the previous month as shown in the chart above.
This number is one to keep an eye on.
If this downward trend in inventory continues, look for the market to continue to strengthen and prices to move up which has created a seller’s market in Tucson, Arizona.
TUCSON HOME BUYERS
As home inventory levels begin to decrease there is less to chose from. So when you see a home that you like that is properly priced moving quickly is key to getting your offer accepted.
TUCSON HOME SELLERS
As the number of listings decreases sellers are poised to sell their home faster and for more money. Marketing and making your home look great are keys to selling your home FAST and for MORE MONEY.
As a seller, your home is one of three listings:
- The home that sells!
- The home that gets showings but sells the house down the road.
- The home that gets no showings and does not sell.
Which type of listing do you want to be?
Having a skilled real estate team is the key to saving thousands of dollars when buying or selling a home with the least amount of hassles. Put the Tyler Ford Real Estate Team to work for you. We would love to earn your business!
The difference between average and median?
FOR A COMPLETE BREAKDOWN: CLICK HERE